If you’ve been picking strawberries, are stocked up and want a fun, kid-friendly recipe to highlight a summer favourite, here it is.
Feel free to use fresh or frozen strawberries, but for maximum flavour and sweetness, use local berries for this recipe (and for overall enjoyment, really!).Print
Strawberry Lemonade Slushy
Bring the kids into the kitchen for this one- it takes about 2 minutes to prepare and make. It’s fun, easy and delicious!
This recipe will make 4 small, kid-sized glasses of slushy.
To make this an adult beverage, add 1oz of gold tequila and rim the glass with kosher salt.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup of organic lemon juice
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- 3 cups of ice
- Place all ingredients into a blender
- Blend on high for 15-20 seconds
- Pour and serve right away
- Garnish with a fresh strawberry, lemon wheel or anything else you enjoy.
To make this a lemonade slushy, simply omit the strawberries
Keywords: lemonade, lemonade slushy, slushy, strawberry lemonade,
Alternatively you can make this a lemonade slushy by simply omitting the strawberries but you may need to increase the amount of maple syrup you’re using to adjust for sweetness.
If you make this recipe please tag me over on Instagram so I can see it and share it, @holistic_leigh
Cheers my friends!