A Smoothie with Veggies!
Sshhhhh….. this is the Ninja Mama smoothie recipe I refer to in my previous post on Hiding Veggies. If you haven’t read it yet, go back and do that so that you understand when and why hiding veggies may be suitable for your munchkin. A smoothie is always a great way to add nutrients, I kept this one a nice yellow colour because green is often too intimidating for kids who aren’t ready to be adventurous in their food exploration. Keep reading for the recipe to my Pikachu Smoothie…. (this is the phase I’m at with my boys), other titles could be: Bell’s Ballroom Gown Smoothie, Big Bird’s Slushy… you get the idea!
- 2 cups almond milk, coconut milk or alternative
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh pineapple
- 1/2 an avocado
- 2 mini cucumbers or 1/2 a large English cuke (remove the skin if you feel like your kiddo will do better with zero flecks of green)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp collagen powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- If you need to you can always add honey or maple syrup for additional sweetness, although it’s likely not needed and if you do add it, work towards eliminating it
- Blend all ingredients on high for 20-30 seconds.
- This recipe will make 2 large smoothies or 4 small ones, suitable for a side at breakfast or for a midday snack.
Happy Ninja-ing, Mamas!